Did you know you can make playdough in next to no time from everyday ingredients found in your kitchen cupboards? Save money and involve the kids in this thrifty kitchen craft activity that will lead to hours and hours of fun for less the $1.
This super-easy playdough recipe is the perfect way to spend a rainy afternoon inside. It's quick enough to hold a young child's attention and you only need a few storecupboard ingredients. Little hands can play with the results straightaway, so there's immediate gratification for all involved!
Play dough is the fail safe way to engage and excite little hands and minds! It is a brilliant sensory and fine motor tool that is ridiculously easy to make and SO much better than any store bought versions.
By making it yourself you know exactly what has gone into it and can also customise it in so many ways, such as adding colour, sparkles and even natural flavours or essential oils. It has a proven therapeutic quality and has saved my parenting on more occasions than I can number! It is, quite simply, the best play material out there.
I hope you will love my easiest ever, no-cook play dough recipe!
BEST EVER NO-COOK PLAY DOUGH RECIPE!
Takes just 4 minutes, that will lasts for 6 months!
You will need
4 cups plain flour
1 1/2 cups table salt
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp vegetable oil
OPTIONAL- glitter and essential oils
*NOTE- I divided the above into 4 seperate bowls to make different colours
Watch our step-by-step video to see how simple this recipe is... excuse the makeup free, hair at 90% dry shampoo stage and us all in homebody clothes!
1. In four separate bowl mix together the water, a few drops of food colouring and the oil (divide the above quantities by the four bowls).
2. Mix the flour and salt in a large bowl. Then divide into the four bowls.
3. Pour the flour into the coloured water and mix and bring together with a spoon.
4. Dust a work surface with a little flour and turn out the dough. Knead together for a few minutes to form a smooth, pliable dough. If you want a more intense colour you can work in a few extra drops of food colouring. I added Doterra essential oils to each one, I also added glitter to make it fun!
5. Store in a plastic sandwich bag (squeeze out the air) in the fridge to keep it fresh. You can make a batch of colours and give away as kids’ party bag favours or hold a playdough party for your child’s next birthday. HOT TIP-I recently found it soooo easy to use Aviana's highchair table as a play table to contain the mess and its an easy non stick surface, super easy to clean as well!
Hope you enjoy this super easy, fun project to do with your little ones at home!
Live, Laugh, Love,
Zemma aka Miss Z